Chin and Cheek Reshaping
Chin and cheek reshaping surgery or augmentation with injectables can work wonders for patients who would like to enhance their facial contour and balance their facial features. Chin augmentation with surgery or fillers enlarges your chin so that it appears more prominent and gives you a stronger profile. Cheek augmentation adds volume to your cheekbones to give your face a more youthful, angular or v-shaped contour. Chin and/or cheek reshaping can do wonders for your entire facial aesthetic beauty, and can provide you with a more youthful appearance.
Please contact Dr. Steven Yarinsky for more information on chin and cheek reshaping, or to schedule a consultation at Saratoga Springs Plastic Surgery, PC.
I just wanted to say thanks again for taking such good care of me. The work you did on my face is amazing and I’m on my way to looking good as new! I am so grateful to you and your staff. All the best.
Who is a Candidate?
- You have a soft or receding chin.
- Your chin looks too small in comparison with other facial features (such as your nose).
- You desire a more prominent chin (a “stronger” chin profile).
- An improved profile.
- A more attractive jaw line that creates a better balance between your chin and other facial features, such as your nose.
I had a rhinoplasty/ chin implant procedure done with Dr. Yarinsky. The results are spectacular. Dr. Yarinsky is an artist. He and everyone at the office truly care about patient’s comfort and satisfaction. In the pre-op room while getting ready to plan the final touches on the procedure, Dr. Yarinsky said to me “this is my favorite kind of procedure, it’s an art.” Now you can guess how much more confident that made me about having the procedure. Dr. Yarinsky is very honest and straight forward. The rest of the team is spectacular. I truly enjoyed working with everyone single one of them. If I were to go back in time and do it again, I would choose Dr. Yarinsky every single time.
January 20, 2016
- The procedure is done as an outpatient in Dr. Yarinsky’s office facility using local or general anesthesia.
- An incision is made inside your lower lip or under your chin through which a solid implant is placed, resting against your own chin bone.
- In an alternative method called sliding genioplasty, a portion of the chin bone is moved forward.
- Another often chosen alternative is an “injectable” chin enlargement using a filler such as RADIESSE® and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA.
Recuperation and Healing
- A dressing taped over your chin remains in place for several days.
- Discomfort rapidly resolves and is easily controlled with oral medication.
- Swelling, tenderness, and possible chin or lower lip numbness gradually subside over a month or two.
- There is little or no downtime with an “injectable” chin enlargement.
- Liposuction of your neck, nose reshaping (Rhinoplasty), neck lift, laser skin resurfacing, or cheek implants may be done at the same time to enhance the results.
Who is a Candidate?
- If you have a desire for more prominent cheek contour.
- Facial asymmetry.
- Enhanced cheek contours.
- The procedure is done as an outpatient using local with sedation or general anesthesia.
- A small incision is made under the upper lip or in the lower eyelid and a biologically inert, pre-shaped implant is placed next to the bone.
- Another often chosen alternative is an “injectable” cheek enlargement using a filler such as RADIESSE®.
Recuperation and Healing
- There are usually no dressings.
- Initial swelling is usually moderate and gradually disappears over a month or two.
- Discomfort is mild to moderate and is controlled with oral medications.
- Sutures in the mouth (if present) dissolve and do not need to be removed.
- Sutures under the eyelid are removed in 4-5 days.
- There is little or no downtime with an “injectable” cheek enlargement.
- Additional procedures that may enhance the result are other facial cosmetic procedures such as Facelift, Eyelid Lift, Brow Lift, Rhinoplasty, or Chin Augmentation.
The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for you can be determined only at the time of your consultation with Dr. Yarinsky. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual. Most people are very happy with the results but no specific result can be guaranteed.
These procedures are done at our Joint Commission accredited office facility.