Home | Saratoga Med Spa | Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal
With laser hair removal, you may never have to wax, pluck, or shave areas of undesired hair again. This revolutionary treatment can remove a significant amount of unwanted hair in virtually any body region. At Saratoga Springs Plastic Surgery, we offer the LightSheer Diode Laser as well as the new state-of-the-art Vectus® Laser, each of which can provide excellent hair removal results for the right candidates. Vectus® provides the fastest laser hair removal in the industry. In contrast to “IPL” and other light therapies purported to remove hair, both of our lasers treat at the optimum wavelength of 810nm to destroy hair.
I have been to this office for laser hair removal with Janet and she is spectacular and very professional! I would highly recommend her to anyone considering laser hair removal.
She also does a wonderful facial which I am now going to see her for!
April 20, 2019
The following information can help you understand how laser hair removal can benefit you. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Steven Yarinsky, contact our Saratoga Springs plastic surgery practice.
Who is a Candidate?
- You have excess, unwanted hair on your face and/or body.
- The LightSheer Diode Laser and Vectus® Laser treat all skin and hair types (except for light gray, white or light blonde hair).
- The LightSheer Diode has been approved by the FDA for hair reduction, and the Vectus® Laser utilizes the only FDA-cleared melanin reader, which provides a safer and more customizable treatment for treating all skin types.
- Each laser technology works by disabling hair follicles that are in their active growth phase. The treatments remove unwanted hair faster, more comfortably and more reliably than electrolysis. The Vectus® Laser, specifically, is able to treat the largest spot size for a highly efficient rapid hair removal for areas like the full back, in less than fifteen minutes.
*Individual Results May Vary
After initially searching for a LHR office I was dissatisfied with a lack of professionalism from other places. This office is somewhere that I will be proud to recommend. My laser hair removal technician was great with answering all of my questions and my first laser treatment went smoothly. I will certainly be back for more procedures!
- Laser hair removal treatment may take a few minutes to an hour or more depending on the size of the area treated and which laser is utilized. Additional treatments are spaced out at 4-6 week intervals. It usually takes 3-6 treatments to reach a 90% reduction to hair. Hair that grows after a successful series of treatments is generally finer and less pigmented (less visible).
- The lasers effectively disables the hair follicles that are in an active growth phase. More than one treatment usually is required to disable hair follicles that enter this growth phase, since at any time about 30-50% of hair is not actively growing.
- The Light Sheer Laser produces a beam of highly concentrated light. The light is absorbed by the melanin pigment (color) in the hair shaft. The laser pulses for a fraction of a second, just long enough to vaporize the pigmented hair, disabling many follicles at a time to impede the hair’s regrowth.
- Similarly, the Vectus® Laser works by sending a uniform beam of light to the target area to thoroughly treat the hair follicles and slow or prevent their ability to regrow hair. This is done in a way that reduces the need to treat the same area multiple times within the same session, creating a faster treatment time. In addition, the Vectus® Laser features Advanced Contact Cooling™, which cools the skin to prevent damage and increase patient comfort.
Recuperation and Healing
- During the laser treatment you may experience a warm tingling sensation, much like a rubber band snapping the skin. Discomfort or stinging will usually last for no more than a few hours following the treatment.
- In most cases, no specific care is needed. The treated area may temporarily turn red and swell. Sometimes there will be a temporary darkening or lightening of the skin.
The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for you can be determined only at the time of your consultation with our plastic surgeon, Dr. Yarinsky. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual. Most people are very happy with the results but no specific result can be guaranteed.
This procedure is done at our Joint Commission accredited office facility.