Laser Wrinkle Reduction/Skin Smoothing
Recent advances in carbon dioxide laser technology have made skin rejuvenation with the CO2 laser a practical reality at our MediSpa.
It is now possible to treat wrinkles associated with age and exposure to the sun, reverse sun damage and correct pigmentation problems with the laser.
Laser resurfacing treatment is safe and effective, and the healing process takes about 10 to 14 days, after which time patients usually can resume most normal activities.
Laser treatment is usually performed on the whole face, but sometimes can effectively treat smaller areas such as the skin around the mouth or eyes. It can be carried out under local or general anesthesia, depending on the specific needs of each individual.
For more information on laser wrinkle reduction skin resurfacing, or to schedule a consultation, please contact Dr. Steven Yarinsky today.
Who is a Candidate?
- You have sun damaged skin with age spots or pigment changes.
- You have fine facial wrinkles most often seen on the lips, eyelids, forehead and cheek.
- You have an uneven skin surface as a result of scarring acne or small skin growths.
- You have deep pores on the nose.
- Smoother, youthful appearing skin of more uniform color.
Real Patients, Real Results
73 year old before and two months after full face UltraPulse laser resurfacing. Note that although she is a candidate for a facelift to treat her neck platysma bands (loose neck skin), she did not desire “open” surgery and elected this skin surface treatment to achieve these dramatic results.
View More Patient Results
*Individual Results May Vary
- The procedure is usually done in Dr. Yarinsky’s office using heavy sedation or general anesthesia. Your whole face is most often treated as a “unit” to avoid skin color mismatch.
- The superficial layers of the skin are removed by the state-of-the-art Ultra-Pulse laser. The advantage of using this laser is that the depth of treatment is extremely controlled and predictable. In addition to smoothing wrinkles, the laser tightens the skin like “shrink-wrap”.
Recuperation and Healing
- You will be given specific written instructions before laser treatment. The lasered areas are treated with salt water soaks and ointment applied several times daily until healed.
- Your skin heals within two weeks revealing a new skin surface that is smoother and pinker.
- Redness or pinkness fades within several months.
- Upper or lower eyelid lifting can enhance the result. Scar revision for acne scars can be done at the same time.
The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for you can be determined only at the time of your consultation with Dr. Yarinsky. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual. Most people are very happy with the results but no specific result can be guaranteed.
This procedure is done at our Joint Commission accredited office facility.