Laser Hair Removal
With laser hair removal, you may never have to wax, pluck, or shave areas of undesired hair again. This revolutionary treatment can remove a significant amount of unwanted hair in virtually any body region – permanently.
The following information can help you understand how laser hair removal can benefit you. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Steven Yarinsky, contact our Saratoga Springs plastic surgery practice.
Who is a Candidate?
- You have excess, unwanted hair on your face and/or body.
- The LightSheer Diode Laser treats all skin and hair types (except for white or light blonde hair).
- Our laser has been approved by the FDA for permanent hair reduction. It disables the hair follicle that is in the active growth phase. This treatment removes unwanted hair faster, more comfortably and more reliably than electrolysis.
After initially searching for a LHR office I was dissatisfied with a lack of professionalism from other places. This office is somewhere that I will be proud to recommend. Holly D was great with answering all of my questions and my first laser treatment went smoothly. I will certainly be back for more procedures!
*Individual Results May Vary
- Laser hair removal treatment may take a few minutes to an hour or more depending on the size of the area treated. Additional treatments are spaced out at 4-6 week intervals. It usually takes 3-6 treatments to reach a 90% reduction to hair. Hair that grows after a successful series of treatments is generally finer and less pigmented (less visible).
- The laser effectively disables the hair follicles that are in an active growth phase. More than one treatment usually is required to disable hair follicles that enter this growth phase, since at any time about 30-50% of hair is not actively growing.
- The Light Sheer Laser produces a beam of highly concentrated light. The light is absorbed by the melanin pigment (color) in the hair shaft. The laser pulses for a fraction of a second, just long enough to vaporize the pigmented hair, disabling many follicles at a time to eliminate or impede the hair’s regrowth.
Recuperation and Healing
- During the laser treatment you may experience a warm tingling sensation, much like a rubber band snapping the skin. Discomfort or stinging will usually last for no more than a few hours following the treatment.
- In most cases, no specific care is needed. The treated area may temporarily turn red and swell. Sometimes there will be a temporary darkening or lightening of the skin.
The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for you can be determined only at the time of your consultation with Dr. Yarinsky. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual. Most people are very happy with the results but no specific result can be guaranteed.
This procedure is done at our Joint Commission accredited office facility.
*Individual Results May Vary