Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Your eyes are the most focused on feature on your face, and droopy eyelids do not show the image you would desire for yourself. At Saratoga Springs Plastic Surgery, PC, our plastic surgeon performs eyelid surgery, medically referred to as blepharoplasty, to address a number of aesthetic issues you may be experiencing with the look of your eyes. With eyelid surgery from Dr. Steven Yarinsky, the upper lid is tightened and the puffy bags and circles below your eyes are removed through the excision of the skin on either or both the upper and lower eyelids. You can then reveal a more refreshed, alert, and younger look.
Please contact our practice for more information on eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Yarinsky.
“I wanted to have my upper lids done for years. However, after my consultation with Dr. Yarinsky and after meeting his amazing staff, I felt very confident and proceeded to have it done. I am so happy with the results. I would encourage anyone who is considering this surgery not to be afraid as Dr. Yarinsky is so skilled. My down time was very short and the care I was given prior to, during and after the procedure was top notch. This is the most caring and considerate group of people you will find. I am only sorry that I waited so long. I wanted to have my upper eye lids done for years but I was too afraid to do so. However, after my consultation with Dr. Yarinsky and meeting his wonderful staff, I decided to have the surgery. I am thrilled with the results. If you are contemplating this surgery do not hesitate. Dr. Yarinsky is so skilled. The care I received prior to, during, and after the procedure was top notch. Everyone was so caring. My down time was short and I am thrilled with the results.” – M.K.
*Individual Results May Vary
Who is a Candidate?
- You have loose, excessive sagging of wrinkled upper or lower eyelid skin that creates a tired or angry look.
- You have excess upper eyelid skin that causes hooding and interferes with vision.
- You have lost your natural upper eyelid crease.
- You have puffy pouches of fat in the upper or lower lids that create a tired or aged appearance.
- A more youthful and rested appearance of your eyes.
- Improvement of sight if excessive upper lid skin has partially blocked vision.
- Blepharoplasty does not remove or erase all wrinkle lines. It will soften the lines.
- The operation is usually done in Dr Yarinsky’s office facility using local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia.
- The incisions are made where the natural crease should be in the upper lids and below the lash line in the lower lids. Excess fat and skin are removed.
- If only excess fat is present to the lower lids, it may be removed through an incision inside the lower lids with no external incision or scar (transconjunctival blepharoplasty).
Recuperation and Healing
- All sutures are usually removed within one week.
- Mild discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication.
- Bruising and sensitivity to light last at least a week or two. Swelling improves in 2-4 weeks. Residual swelling may last several months.
- Face and eye makeup can be used after sutures are removed to cover bruising.
- Contact leases can be worn when comfortable, usually within two weeks.
The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for you can be determined only at the time of your consultation with Dr. Yarinsky. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual. Most people are very happy with the results but no specific result can be guaranteed.
This procedure is done at our Joint Commission accredited office facility.