Many women may feel that their breasts are too small or lack sufficient contour. Breast augmentation addresses this by adding volume and fullness to the breasts, giving them a more youthful and sensual appearance that improves the breasts’ proportion to your body frame. Dr. Steven Yarinsky offers breast implants in a variety of sizes, shapes, and types that can help you attain fuller breasts with results that look natural and beautiful.
Please take a look at the following information on breast enlargement with implants, and contact Saratoga Springs Plastic Surgery, PC to schedule a consultation with Dr. Yarinsky.
“I can’t stress enough that the treatment I received before, during and after my procedure was far beyond my expectations. I have never meet nursing and office staff that were as wonderful as yours. Thank you so much for making me feel comfortable, confident and happy throughout my entire process. You are all awesome!!” – N.M., Breast Augmentation Patient
Who is a Candidate?
- You desire larger breasts to create a more balanced figure or to fill out you clothing and bathing suits.
- You have one breast that is noticeably smaller than the other.
- You have mild breast drooping and desire an uplift and enlargement.
- Larger and more shapely breasts.
- A more positive self image.
“You were all truly amazing! Thinking about how kind, patient and available you all were to me and my mom was outstanding! I could not have imagined a better place experience then your office. I am thankful for you all every day, and I’m so glad I chose you for such a life changing experience!”
Read More About our patients’ experiences with breast augmentation.
Read Dr. Yarinsky’s responses to 5 common myths about Breast Augmentation.
- The procedure is done in Dr. Yarinsky’s office facility as an outpatient usually using general anesthesia or IV sedation. You sleep, feel nothing and are amnesic for the surgery.
- A small incision is made around the areola (the pigmented part of the breast) or in the fold beneath the breast. Dr. Yarinsky will review the best way to place the implant you choose at your initial consultation. .
- The implant is inserted under the breast tissue and chest wall (pectoralis) muscle to provide a more natural appearing result.
- Dr. Yarinsky uses your choice of Saline (salt water) filled implants, original silicone gel filled or “Gummy Bear” silicone gel filled implants. The “Gummy Bear” implants are also known as “form stable” implants since they are firmer and maintain their shape better and the silicone within the implant is not as liquid as in the original silicone gel filled implants. Implants are available from three companies: Allergan (Natrelle brand saline, silicone gel and form stable shaped“style 410” gel), Mentor (saline, silicone and form stable silicone gel) and Sientra (form stable round and shaped silicone gel implants). Dr. Yarinsky will help you choose your implant fill type and also the shape of your implant. You can choose a round implant which provides you with more upper breast fullness or a tear drop shaped implant which mimics the appearance of a natural breast and has less fullness in the cleavage area. You will learn about all the implant options to make an informed decision at your initial consultation visit with Dr. Yarinsky.
Recuperation and Healing
- You wear a support bra, gauze dressing and a velcro strap (provided by our office) which helps hold your breasts in the correct position. The bra and strap are worn for several weeks.
- Any discomfort is well controlled with oral medication.
- Sutures are usually removed within two weeks.
- Light activities can be resumed as tolerated. Aerobic activities can be started in about 3 weeks.
- An additional procedure that may enhance your result is a breast lift–if your breasts are saggy in addition to being small. Many people choose to add liposuction or a tummy tuck in a Mommy Makeover to enhance their figure. These procedures can be done at the same time as you breast enlargement.
The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for you can be determined only at the time of your consultation with Dr. Yarinsky. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual. Most people are very happy with the results but no specific result can be guaranteed.
This procedure is done at our Joint Commission accredited office facility.