Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
For the protruding stomach or loose skin that can result from aging, weakened muscles, childbearing and previous surgeries, the tummy tuck can improve the contour of the body considerably. This procedure is more involved than liposuction; therefore, the recovery time is longer. However, the results are just as satisfying.
If you would like to learn more about the abdominoplasty or tummy tuck procedures, Dr. Yarinsky would be happy to meet with you during a personal consultation. We invite you to contact our office to schedule your appointment.
Who is a Candidate?
- You have loose or sagging abdominal skin or a fat roll frequently associated with abnormal relaxation or stretching of the anterior abdominal wall muscles. This condition is common after pregnancies, prior surgery, or massive weight loss.
- You may have rashes beneath your abdominal skin fold.
- You are unable to tighten your abdominal wall skin with diet and exercise. Your clothing does not fit well.
- A smoother flatter abdomen.
- The procedure is usually performed using general anesthesia as an outpatient in Dr. Yarinsky’s office facility.
- Mini-abdominoplasty tightens the lower abdominal wall skin only. Most people will benefit more from a full (standard) tummy tuck.
- Standard abdominoplasty tightens all of the abdominal wall skin.
- Extended abdominoplasty tightens the abdomen and the flanks or sides.
- Belt lipectomy lightens the abdomen, flanks, and the back–all around your waistline.
- Your result will reach the 90% point in six weeks. Further healing and improvement will occur over a year.
Recuperation and Healing
- Abdominoplasty discomfort is controlled by pain medication taken for one to two weeks.
- Three to five days of total assistance at your home is needed after surgery.
- Walking begins the day after surgery and is comfortable in two weeks. Light activity is comfortable in 10-20 days. Strenuous sports will not be comfortable for about 6 weeks.
The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for you can be determined only at the time of your consultation with Dr Yarinsky. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual. Most people are very happy with the results but no specific result can be guaranteed.
These procedures are done at our Joint Commission accredited office facility.