Post-Bariatric & After-Weight Loss
After losing a large amount of weight, whether from bariatric surgery or after pregnancy, or with diet and exercise, you may experience an excess of residual fat and loose skin in your face, neck arms, chest, waist, buttocks and thighs. Dr. Steven Yarinsky offers post-bariatric and after-weight loss surgery procedures that can contour your face and body by removing excess skin and fat. You may be considering a lower body lift procedure that addresses several areas of loose skin at once. Or you may only require recontouring of your face, neckline, arms, thighs, or breasts. All of these options can tighten the skin and give you a more toned slimmer and fit appearance.
Dr. Yarinsky was recently recently featured in Saratoga Today discussing the options available to address loose skin. Click here to read the entire article.
Please contact Saratoga Springs Plastic Surgery for more information, or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Yarinsky.
“Thanks for the beautiful job you did on my legs…I can’t believe the difference. It is remarkable how much it changes your self-image.” – C.D.
Who is a Candidate?
- You have loose extra skin and fat deposits in your tummy and around your waistline.
- You have excess fat and loose skin and folds in your buttocks, hips, and/or love handles.
- You have sagging loose skin in areas in your upper arms and thighs.
- You have loose skin in your face, jowls and neck.
- Reduction of extra skin and fat in your face and body.
- A smoother, tighter, more contoured appearance without sagginess or excessive loose skin.
- A narrower waistline to better fit your clothing.
Lower Body Lift Procedure Description (Beltline Dermatolipectomy)
- Tummy tucks and lower body lift procedures are done as an outpatient at our accredited surgery center and require no overnight stay.
- An incision is created around the waist and across the lower abdomen, down to the lateral part of your thighs, to above your buttocks to the middle of your lower back .
- Excess fat and skin is removed around your waistline.
- The remaining skin of your abdomen, thighs and buttocks is lifted and tightened.
Recuperation and Healing
- Lower body lift surgery produces permanent visible scars; however, Dr. Yarinsky will work to make any residual scarring as light and as easily hidden as possible.
- An abdominal binder or compression garment is worn for several weeks after surgery to hold dressings and facilitate healing.
- Any discomfort during recovery is alleviated with medication.
- Patients will need to plan on two to four weeks of rest after a beltline dermatolipectomy before gradually resuming normal daily activities.
- Strenuous activities are avoided for at least 6 weeks.
Body contouring surgery after weight loss does not necessarily have to include a full lower body lift procedure. You may only need specific areas recontoured such as your arms, thighs, breasts, neck or face. Procedures to address these areas include:
Skin is tightened on your face and neck for a more contoured youthful profile and appearance
Arm lifts can remove extra fat and flabby skin from your upper arms for a thinner more contoured look. This procedure involves an incision made from the armpit to the inner elbow. Excess skin and fat is removed and the remaining skin is tightened and reshaped. Arm lift surgery typically takes about one to three hours using general anesthesia and is performed on an outpatient basis. Patients can expect some bruising and swelling for a few weeks after arm lift surgery. Strenuous activities should be avoided for at least 6 weeks. Most patients can resume normal daily routines after about a week.
Thigh lift can effectively contour your thighs and get rid of loose, excess skin and fat. A thigh lift begins with incisions made from below the bikini line down to the thighs. Scars are hidden in your groin crease and in the fold beneath your buttocks. Once the excess skin and fat have been removed, the skin will be lifted and tightened for a smoother look. Thigh lift surgery typically takes about three hours to complete using general anesthesia and is performed as an outpatient. There will be some bruising and swelling in the days following thigh lift surgery. Tight-like compression garments worn for several weeks helps with the healing process. Pain and discomfort is controlled with medication. You should plan on taking it easy at home for at least one week. Many patients are able to return to normal daily activities after two to three weeks; however, strenuous activities should be avoided for at least six weeks after thigh lift surgery.
Breast lift surgery can improve saggy excess skin in your breasts. The procedure eliminates the excess and tightens the remaining skin, moving the breasts and the nipples and areolae to a higher, “perkier” position.
Learn more about breast lift surgery.
The specific risks and the suitability of these procedures for you can be determined only at the time of your consultation with Dr. Yarinsky. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual. Most people are very happy with the results, but no specific result can be guaranteed.
This procedure is done at our Joint Commission accredited office facility.