Vein & Age Spot Treatments
Leg and spider vein, face capillaries, and age spot treatment with laser and sclerotherapy can do wonders for your appearance and give your skin a more youthful and smoother appearance. Dr. Steven Yarinsky offers state-of-the-art procedures to help you reduce the discomfort of leg and spider veins, as well as the appearance of common skin conditions.
Please contact Dr. Yarinsky to schedule a consultation for vein and age spot treatment.
Who is a Candidate?
- You have small, unsightly purplish or blue spider veins on your legs and/or visible blood vessels on your face. You have “age spots” on your hands or face.
- An improvement in redness, “age spots”, or spider veins on your hands, arms, legs and/or face.
- You are able to use less face make-up and show off your legs.
- Sclerotherapy is the “gold standard” for treating small leg veins. Using magnification a small amount of concentrated salt solution is injected into your spider veins using a tiny needle. The vein walls collapse and your body absorbs the vein.
- Our new Aura Star Pulse laser is excellent for treating and minimizing smaller leg spider veins, face telangectasias (capillaries) and age spots on your hands and face.
- The procedures are done at Dr. Yarinsky’s office by a trained nurse. Sedation is not usually required since the procedure is nearly painless. Sometimes an anesthetic cream is applied to the skin before the procedure to help relieve discomfort during the procedure.
Recuperation and Healing
- The result is seen in 10 to 14 days or sooner. Several treatments are usually needed to reach a “plateau” and touch up treatments every 6-12 months are often desired for leg vein treatment.
- Bruising usually persists in the area treated by sclerotherapy for a week. Leg vein laser treatment may cause discoloration which may take a few months to resolve. Support hose must be worn for a week after leg vein treatment. Aura Laser treatment of face capillaries rarely cause bruising.
The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for you can be determined only at the time of your consultation with Dr Yarinsky. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual. Most people are very happy with the results but no specific result can be guaranteed.
This procedure is done at our Joint Commission accredited office facility.