Genesis V – Laser Facial Rejuvenation
For a smoother, more even skin tone, Dr. Steven Yarinsky recommends Genesis V by Cutera™ Skin Therapy treatments. The Genesis V system heats just below the skin’s surface, using non-invasive laser light. The laser light reduces redness and stimulates collagen regrowth which assists with skin tightening. Genesis V is used to treat a variety of skin conditions seen with aging, such as wrinkles, enlarged pores, diffuse redness, or scars. Side effects are minimal, meaning that you may experience some temporary slight redness, but it is not likely you will have any bruising or excessive skin irritation following your treatment. The amount of sessions needed to achieve your desired results will vary, but most patients will experience a more youthful, healthy skin tone after five or six treatments.
Who is a Candidate?
- You have bothersome redness or rosacea on your face or neck
- You have visible red scars that are difficult or impossible to cover with cosmetics
- You have enlarged pores on your face
- You have fine facial wrinkles which do not disappear with BOTOX® Cosmetic
- Genesis V is an all-season, all skin type solution for overall skin rejuvenation so your skin looks better
- A decrease in redness, diminished or elimination of fine wrinkle lines and reduction of the appearance of large pores on your face. Improvement in the red appearance of face scars and scars located elsewhere on the body. Healthier appearing, more youthful skin glow and tone.
- You are able to use less make-up and will be happier with a smoother and more even facial complexion.
- Non-invasive laser light is used to gently heat below the surface of the skin, which stimulates collagen regrowth, leads to a reduction in pore size and reduces redness. Scar appearance improves and skin tightens.
- Genesis V treatments are done at Dr. Yarinsky’s office by a trained certified technician or nurse. You must remove your makeup and moisturizer before treatment. Sedation and anesthesia are not required since the procedure is nearly painless.
- There is no downtime after Genesis V and no noticeable skin irritation or bruising.
- Individual treatment results are subtle but the overall effect of multiple treatments can be quite dramatic.
Recuperation and Healing
The result is seen in 10 to 14 days after several treatments. Cumulative results are seen after a series of treatments as recommended by your technician. You can resume all your regular activities immediately after Genesis V treatment without down time. Five or six laser treatments are usually needed to reach a “plateau” and to see the best result. Touch up treatments can be done every 6 to 12 months, or more often as desired, to maintain the results.
The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for you can be determined only at the time of your consultation with Dr. Yarinsky. All procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual. Most people are very happy with the results but no specific result can be guaranteed.
This procedure is done at our Joint Commission accredited office facility.
Contact Dr. Yarinsky
If you would like to learn how the advanced laser treatment can help improve your skin, please contact us today for your consultation with Dr. Yarinsky.