Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
One of the most common effects of recent pregnancy, weight loss, and the natural aging process is the accumulation of excess skin in the breasts, causing them to take on a sagging or drooping appearance. Here at Saratoga Springs Plastic Surgery, PC, Dr. Steven Yarinsky offers breast lift surgery, medically known as Mastopexy, that can effectively eliminate excess skin, tighten and smooth out the remainder, and lift the breasts to a firmer, “perkier” position. Breast lift is a commonly performed surgical breast enhancement procedure that can give the breasts a more vibrant and youthful appearance.
Please contact Dr. Yarinsky to schedule a consultation for breast lift surgery.
Who is a Candidate?
- You have sagging breasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging.
- Your areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) are enlarged.
- An elevated, more youthful breast contour.
- Smaller areolae located at a more pleasing height.
- The procedure is done as an outpatient in Dr. Yarinsky’s office facility using sedation or general anesthesia.
- The design of the incisions can vary but usually includes incisions around the areolae and/or in the crease under the breast.
- Your areolae are placed higher, excess skin is removed, and your breasts are reshaped in a more youthful, pleasing contour.
Recuperation and Healing
- You wear a supportive bra with only light dressings over the incision lines. The bra is worn to hold dressings and maintain breast shape for 2-3 weeks.
- Sutures are usually removed by two weeks.
- Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication.
- Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.
The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for you can be determined only at the time of your consultation with Dr Yarinsky. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual. Most people are very happy with the results but no specific result can be guaranteed.
This procedure is done at our Joint Commission accredited office facility.